where you can find a hella amount of movies
Getting on your feet as a trans* young adult
Young adults these days are expected to start off falling behind in entering the world. Employment is limited, education is more expensive than ever before, and the struggle is much worse when opportunities are more limited due to discrimination.
(Disclaimer: these links are almost exclusively for the United States. Feel free to add any additional information that you’ve found helpful. This is by no means a complete list, but it is what I have used and what I have access to. If it can help at least one person, I’ll be happy.)
Colleges and universities with gender neutral housing (and here’s some more school related links)
HRC’s (yeah, I know they have problems with the trans* community, but bear with me) listing of businesses with the most trans* friendly policies
These will be the ones that ask for a preferred name on applications, have gender neutral employee bathrooms available, up to bigger picture trans* friendly healthcare and benefit plans
Most job applications are online and can be completed at a local public library if your internet access is lost or limited
Point Foundation (opens for applications in November, rewards up to $100,000 and gives the student guidance and resources to succeed)
Markowski-Leach Scholarship ($1,500, only applies to San Francisco State University, Stanford University, University of California at Berkeley or University of California, San Francisco)
Ziad Nakad Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2014
Gangsta Avengers AU
Wherein the avengers are a secret vigilante group that eventually find each other and go after criminals the hard way.
Some body write this who isn’t me.
*casually slips these in*
Literally just happened:
"is that an Avengers gangster AUOHMYGOD *screech*"
Let me just add this….
I’ll just leave this here..
I’m so down for this!!
Can somebody do the thing where they write the thing and then tag me in the thing?
Reblogging for all the awesome people have added to this.
tips on how to realistically write deaf clint barton
hello, fanfiction writers! i’m making this post because i’ve seen some deaf clint barton stories going around, and there are a lot of misconceptions about hearing loss and hearing aids and all that jazz, so since i’m hard of hearing, i thought i’d bring up a few common misconceptions.
- clint just reads everyone’s lips and understands exactly what people are saying. this is basically impossible. only 30% of spoken english can be lipread. for me, if i can hear your vowels and read your lips at the same time, i can typically get what you’re saying, but that’s not a guarantee. clint also wouldn’t be able to pick up lipreading overnight. that’s an acquired skill.
- hearing aids! there are many different types of hearing aids, so make sure you do your research on those. there are BTE (behind the ear) hearing aids, which are the most common. then there are the RITE (receiver in the ear), CIC (completely in canal), ITC (in the canal), ITE (in the ear) hearing aids. even if you’re going to have tony stark whip up some cool state of the art hearing aids for clint, it’s helpful for you to know which style tony would be modeling these after. keep in mind that some hearing aids don’t have an off switch—the only ways to turn those hearing aids off are to take the batteries out, which you need to do every night while the hearing aids themselves chill in a dehumidifier overnight.
- american sign language is just like spoken english. not true. american sign language is a complex language with its own grammar and syntax. make sure you research american sign language. watch videos, read books, learn as much as you can. you don’t have to learn the language, but familiarize yourself with it. you also can’t learn ASL overnight, so clint can’t just read a book on it and then be an expert the next day.
- hearing aids fix everything and make his hearing normal. hearing aids do NOT fix everything. they HELP, they do not FIX. so even if clint wears hearing aids, his hearing will not be 100% perfect. he’ll still miss pieces of the conversation. he’ll still have to ask people to repeat themselves. not all the time, but it’ll still happen. he won’t magically become hearing because he’s wearing hearing aids. remember: they’re called hearing AIDS not hearing FIXES.
- two days later, clint is back to shooting arrows perfectly. this isn’t true. when the inner ear suffers severe trauma, it freaks out. as a result of the traumatic way clint loses his hearing, he would have acute unilateral vestibulopathy. symptoms of this include: severe dizziness, nausea, blurry vision, everything moving around so his eyes would be darting about trying to make his vision be still, and possibly neck pain. his balance would be thrown way off whack, and he wouldn’t be able to walk very well after two days, let alone try to shoot a bow and arrow. typically, these symptoms last anywhere from a few weeks to a month, depending on the type of injury. but make sure you research this yourself, so you know more specific details! my really awesome friend gave me the information on this, so shoutout to her!
ok! i think i covered the most common misconceptions. if you have any further questions, and you feel comfortable asking me, go ahead! i am more than happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. i think it’s awesome that marvel is now incorporating a superhero that isn’t fully abled. it’s about time the rest of us got some representation. go forth, and write well!
This was really instructive and helpful. Thank you very much for enlightening us! :)
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
OH MY GOD
SPREAD THE WORD
I thought everybody knew this shit omg
Movies w/ Robin Williams
Here are the list and links to movies with Sir Robin Williams. If you like it, buy it.
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Dead Poets Society
- Good Will Hunting
- What Dreams May Come True
- Good Morning, Vietnam
- Bicentennial Man
- Patch Adams
- The Angeriest Man In Brooklyn
- One Hour Photo
- Old Dogs
- The Butler
- August Rush
- Night at the Museum
- World’s Greatest Dad
The Avengers as a 70s cop show
I’d watch this show.